As realtors, we’re always promoting presales. Especially in neighborhoods with lots of new development like Jersey City, Manhattan and the surrounding boroughs, pre-sales are everywhere.
What is a pre-sale? A presale is a home that’s available for purchase prior to being move-in ready. Depending on the length of construction, you can purchase before construction starts or during construction. There are times when construction has been completed and the home is move-in ready, yet has not been sold, this is now new construction, no longer a presale.
So, why go presale as a buyer? There’s little things like having more time to save money and manage your pending move until the property is ready. Or big things, like the fact that it’s freshly finished new construction or gut renovation. Meaning, these shiny pretty things are subject to a number of city inspections that boil down to a home that’s been looked over with a fine tooth comb by a number of city inspectors, inevitably boosting buyer confidence and eliminating inspection unknowns. Those alone are reasons to buy for some, but today we’re going to talk about 3 reasons to buy presale that might not be on your average list.
- Get to know your house better. One of the best parts about presales is that they’re new. Brand new, shiny, untouched deliciousness. The other upside to this equation is time. Since there are no current live-in owners to deal with, you now have the time and freedom to hang out with the property before it closes and do things you wouldn’t normally get to do like pick out furniture, plan the perfect place for your desk and pictures, meet the neighbors, find your new school, doctor, coffee shop, etc.. These, and other prep-time practices generally make the typically stressful move-in process go much, much smoother.
- Beat the market. Competition in sports or board games, fun. Competition in real estate, generally not that fun. Presale homes are not listed on the MLS yet, meaning, you’re kinda of getting insider tips on available properties that people searching outside of the area wouldn’t necessarily find on Zillow or Trulia. This means less competition and a better buyer’s advantage. Don’t know about you but that’s a big win where I come from.
- Find your unicorn. Let’s face it, our neighborhood’s hot. Given the growth and development nature of Jersey City, Manhattan and the Burroughs, there are generally a handful, if not more, stunning presale projects in process at any given time. This means that as a buyer, you can take your time and find the one that speaks to you. If you’re looking for that perfect unicorn with a roofdeck, walk-in closets, crazy square footage and side-by-side parking, you might just be in luck.
To prove our point, here’s a handful of our current favorite presales available from some of Jersey City’s most acclaimed developers. Tell us your personal unicorn list, we’ll help find your perfect match.
- 323 7th Street – Single Family New Construction in Downtown Jersey City | 4 bedroom | 3 Full & 2 Half Bath | 2,069 sq ft
- 13 Lincoln – Townhome Style Condos in The Heights | 3 Bedroom | 3 Full & 2 Half Bath | Private Outdoor Space
- 28 Giles – Details to come, can’t wait to share. Stay tuned.